Job Posting OPEN
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with planning/preparing meals and managing/directing the kitchen staff including cooks, wait staff, and dishwashers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Making periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance
• Coordinating all training activities for kitchen, bakery, butcher shop, and other production and service employees to include the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies
• Developing recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation, and established procedures and budgetary constraints
• Participating in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing, and menu development
• Assisting operation managers as requested in areas such as plate presentation, special function menu planning, and the design of new service areas
• Preparing operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and making appropriate recommendations
• Performing other work-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Bachelor's degree with major concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition or related field
• Four years progressive experience in high volume food production or catering
• Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience considered
• Ability to work in high-stress environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.