Job Posting OPEN
Servers sell and serve food and drinks in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Serving 3-4 tables, as determined by management
• Maintaining complete knowledge of Restaurant’s food and beverage preparation
• Selling alcohol and food items
• Entering and completing customers’ orders on computer system; accepting different types of payment and making change
• Interacting with guests in a friendly and fast manner; ensuring guests’ complete satisfaction and exceeding their expectations
• Maintaining specific side-work and ensuring the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant
• Clearing and resetting tables
• Checking identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages; refusing to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age
• Observing guests’ behavior once they have consumed alcoholic beverages, counting number of drinks served, and offering a taxi if you feel they should not drive; asking a manager for help with disorderly customers as needed
• Reporting to work in a neat and clean uniform; maintaining well-groomed hair and personal hygiene as established by company policy
• Performing other duties as directed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Ability to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better
• State alcohol server license and food handler’s card required
• Basic mathematical skills; ability to make change
• Basic reading and writing skills
• Basic computer skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Multi-task oriented
• Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
• Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is standing the entire shift. The employee frequently reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries and pushes. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls in repetitive motions. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts and carries tubs and cases weighing up to 75 pounds. The employee must frequently communicate with expediters and servers and read orders on tickets. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazards including, but not limited to cuts from knives, slipping, tripping, falls and burns; frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, extreme cold; frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items and frequent washing of hands.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.