Job Posting OPEN
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
Cooks prepare and/or direct the preparation of food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. Ensure appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Preparing or directing preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems
• Determining amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems; ensuring availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation; serving or ensuring proper serving of food for tray line or dining room
• Complying with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards; observing proper food preparation and handling techniques
• Storing food properly and safely by marking dates and items
• Reporting necessary equipment repair and maintenance
• Correctly preparing all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders; portioning food for serving
• Planning food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved
• Maintaining daily production records
• Keeping work area neat and clean at all times; cleaning and maintaining equipment used in food preparation
• Completing food temperature checks before service
• Performing other work-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• A minimum of 2 years experience
* A high school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Must be 18 years of age
• Prior experience in related food service positions required
• Excellent reading and writing skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
• Promotes positive public relations with guests
• Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment
• Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less
• Manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. Employee is regularly exposed to kitchen equipment (e.g., oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef's knives).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.